5 Ways To Cool Off In Hell’s Kitchen
July 8, 2015
As we move further into the dog days of summer, the heat in New York City can start to get the best of us. Luckily for residents of Gotham West, the luxury apartment building in Midtown West, and those in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood, there are plenty of easy ways to cool off and enjoy the summer.
Here are a few tips for how to make the most of the heat in Hell’s Kitchen:
- Cocktails at Gotham West Market: Everyone knows that the best way to cool off during the summer in NYC is with summer cocktails, of course! Head to Gotham West Market for al fresco dining at both El Colmado and The Cannibal’s outdoor bars. El Colmado’s signature sangria and selection of rosés are a perfect way to escape the heat, and The Cannibal’s selection of craft beers and signature cocktails, like the frozen Slushy Negroni, make for a refreshing treat.
- Cold Ramen from Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop: The Hyashi Chukka cold ramen at Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop in Gotham West Market is a perfect summer lunch or dinner. Made with poached chicken, little gem lettuce, omelet, radish, snap peas and chilled shoyu vinaigrette, the dish is both satisfying and refreshing.
- Ice Cream at Ample Hills: Nothing cools you off quite like an ice cream cone, so treat yourself to a scoop (or two) of Ample Hills’ imaginative flavors at Gotham West Market, like Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Salted Caramel Crack or The Munchies in a cookie or pretzel cone.
- Kayaking on the Hudson River: Hudson River Park offers free kayaking on the Hudson River at several Pier locations all summer long, including Pier 84 at W44th Street — just steps away from the luxury apartments of Gotham West. Grab some friends and head to the water for a fun-filled afternoon!
- Bike ride along the Hudson River: If you like to stay active but can’t stand the heat, grab your bike (check out NYC Velo at Gotham West Market to buy or rent one for the day) and take a breezy bike ride along the Hudson River. It’s the perfect way to get your workout in, but stay cool at the same time!